Old February 11th 10, 10:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Mike Causer[_3_]

Default Roundabouts?

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:48:47 -0800 (PST)
" wrote:

My town, Grand Chute, just installed a roundabout. I'm definitely
going to check it out this spring.

I'm a recumbent tricyclist, so I sit closer to the ground than an
average cyclist.

Have any of you fellow recumbent cyclists been on such a thing?

Oh yes.

Don't skulk around the edge, take the lane so you're where the cagers
are looking. They'll pass on both sides then cut across your face, so
be prepared to brake -- don't swerve though because there might be
another coming up on the side you swerve to.

Even in counties where there are thousands of roundabouts the cagers
can't get the rules for signalling into their heads, so expect them to
turn left signalling right, right signalling left, turn with no signal,
signal right while doing a 360 round the roundabout, etc.

Just like normal junctions, but more so.

Mike
--
Mike Causer