Old December 8th 03, 06:29 AM
N Grover

Default disc brake question

thanks all,

i'll go over those lists and see what happens but most of those things I
have tried. I have deduced that either i have superman hearing or my trek
mount is too flexy. Trek's basically don't come with an IS mount, so you
have to screw on (three bolts) a trek IS adaptor (which weighs a ton) and
then you have to screw on a hayes adaptor (two more bolts) and then the
caliper (two more bolts) which leads to 7 bolts and a big distance between
the frame and caliper. belive me i can flex the caliper with my hand
without to much problem. the rotor is pretty straight last i checked but
the real kicker is that it does not rub sitting down, only when standing
up. Up front I have a SID fork and although it also "tings" at times i
could probably live with it if that were all because it's not as bad.

I'm not bagging on Hayes, they stop better than anything I've tried and I
would still use them over V's (on the average). I just want the "ultimate"
brake that won't "ting" as much.