Old July 9th 03, 05:35 PM
Kevin

Default Touring Bike Recomendations?

BG is a fine bike and I doubt you'll regret the purchase.

Your displeasure with a Cannondale is interesting. I'm on an aging 12 year
old h600 with front and back racks. the bike is very comfortable, and the
bottomside rests on a Brooks Champion flyer (b-17 with springs). I'd
consider a C'dale T2000 in a heartbeat if I were replacing my ride. And
there are more Trek 520's than any speciality bike. If these don't fit, BG
is a super choice.

"Nartker" wrote in message
I am living in Northern Wisconsin, and am looking for a new touring bike.

Most
likely it would be used for short day trips, light loads, on groomed

trails
and rural roads. I need a sturdy frame for my body size and have never

been
happy with my aluminum frame Canondale. I also have short legs and a long
torso.

What bikes are recomended for these conditions? I have been considering a
Bruce Gordon Rock-n-Road.

Thanks

Nartker @ AOL.com

Nartker