Old October 25th 03, 08:44 PM
Johann S.

Default Fla. 8-Year-Old Gets Traffic Ticket For Bike Mishap(irresponsible idiot parents refuse to pay)

Rich Clark Said:

"Johann S." wrote in message
That is true, although I am not convinced of the truth of that, but
still, a pity that children cannot be children anymore. That is why me
and the wife decided not to have kids.

Well, *those* children certainly can't be children, anyway.

Yet, somehow, my son grew up to be a happy, productive, well-adjusted person
with good friends and a bright future, despite my tyrannical insistence that
he learn the rules of the road and wear a helmet before I would allow him to
mix with traffic on his bike.

Yeah, Ok, you win. I knew that from the beginning, I was just feeling
out of sorts. (Sorry). Like the other dude said, you gotta stand by
what you did. No matter how young/old you are.

It is just that safety rules are starting to irritate me. At work,
safety rules are getting more and more, and freedom of choice is
getting less and less. Damn boring. Ah well. *shrug*

PS: Arthur Harris: I absolutely love that quote:

"What is life but an unnecessary interuption to pleasant
non-existence?" --
Jean Paul Satre

--

QUIPd 1.02: (385 of 667)
- Windows: Just another pane in the glass.