Old August 22nd 04, 05:12 PM
dwb

David Martin wrote:
On 22/8/04 2:22 pm, in article , "dwb"
wrote:

Howard wrote:
Speeding alone, one of the most
common driving crimes, claiming about 1200 lives a year and being
implicated in many more deaths and injuries.

Got a source for that statistic? Speed specifically causing 1200
deaths per year?

Over 90% of motorists speed. I'm pretty sure it's not the ones who
don't speed who are having all the crashes.

I didn't ask what you think though - I asked for the study that proves that
1200 people die specifically because of speeding. I'm still waiting for it
obviously.

BTW - you'd be surprised - I was hit from behind by a vehicle going well
below the speed limit. I *think* ( but won't claim this to be fact) that
most of the statistics are actually the other way round - excessive speed is
not often a factor, it's usually driver error within the speed limit.

ie. you can hit a tree at 29mph.