Old April 7th 17, 01:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default Hamstring dominant pedaling style?

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 18:39:40 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
A friend in a distant city recently phoned me about her knee problem.
She described a lump behind her knee, and said that massaging it, etc.
generates a sort of "twanging" feel, as if a tendon is being plucked.
An electrical sensation then travels down into her foot. (I think I'm
remembering that correctly.)

She saw a physical therapist today, who suggested that she may be
bicycling in a "hamstring dominant" mode. Supposedly she's going to
be set up with a bike fit expert. But I've seen her ride and don't
recall noticing anything unusual about bike fit or pedaling.

However, I don't consider myself a bike fit expert. So: Has anyone
here heard of similar ailments, or of "hamstring dominant" cycling?

No. But I've heard of Baker's cyst, which may be what she has.