Old March 21st 18, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Bicycle bottle diameters, why different?

On 2018-03-20 15:54, sms wrote:
On 3/20/2018 3:18 PM, Joerg wrote:

snip

-and even more snip-

As Andrew says, standards are wonderful. That's why we have
so many.

Thanks but I pilfered the expression from Sheldon Brown.

Let's hope Joerg doesn't start buying Italian bicycle clothing. "These shorts were supposed to be XL! They wouldn't fit a dwarf! Is there no standard for XL shorts? When I made medical devices, we were held to a tolerance of .0000001mm!"

He would then note that he could get the shorts over his massive quads, but that either (1) they could not stand up to the mountain lion attacks or day-long pounding on the death trails in Cameron Park, or (2) they were vetoed by his wife.

My wife doesn't micro-manage my equipment decisions, although my son would probably shun me if I put duct tape on my water bottle. He's a real equipment snob. Maybe the duct tape thing would prompt him to give me back my two favorite bottles -- a couple of CamelBaks with the one-way valves.

-- Jay Beattie.