Old March 28th 18, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Silent hubs

On Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 2:47:37 AM UTC+2, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 4:53:31 PM UTC-7, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 13:47:58 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Many folks with other freehubs don't need to holler "on your left"
when rolling downhill because you can hear the GRRRR.

It's amazing how loud some freehubs are. It's like rattling a playing
card against the spokes, like we did as kids to pretend we were on
motorcycles. A card and a clothespin, vroom!

Dude, having a freehub that sounds like a swarm of angry bees is a status symbol. You pair that with deep dish aero wheels that give off a low rumble, and you're set. Totally dope.

-- Jay Beattie.

Maybe, but I'm looking forward to it:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ny15RngXVBp1Vei33

I'll promise I will not use this bike for group rides ;-)

Did you get your Movistar contract?

Although you went for premium, Canyon is still an incredible deal. It's like getting pro deal on a Madone or S-Works Venge. You look at the frames, components and price and wonder how the big-boys can compete. I still think, though, that they need to put fender mounts on their Endurance line. I know the Europeans don't go for fenders, but I do -- particularly riding in groups.

I'd get an aero bike, but I have to lose 30 years. My next big move is to an eBike -- or an electric scooter at the retirement home.

-- Jay Beattie.