Old April 12th 18, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Desperate needs = desperate but workable solution

On 4/12/2018 3:51 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Get these: https://www.bikenashbar.com/cycling/...-vl-chd11-base Wait until Nashbar runs a 40% off deal. Hit the stickers with a hair dryer or heat gun, and they peel right off.

I bought some cheap Vuelta disc wheels from my commuter bike expecting them to die in a month or two -- but no, they're really tough. The QR is ****, so throw that away, and for some reason, the axle ends don't bite into my rear dropout, so the wheel can shift, which is a little odd but probably peculiar to my bike. So far, the wheel has been a great value. Standard J-bend spokes and replaceable cartridge bearings, so it is reparable.

I predict that those won't work for Joerg.

--
- Frank Krygowski