Old April 22nd 17, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Selecting An Appropriate Bolt

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 07:11:43 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Nope, it is rather a thin pension compared to my active duty pay. You
see, what with longevity pay, overseas pay, flight pay, quarters and
rations, etc., active service personnel may draw nearly double their
base salary. When retirement arrives you receive (for 20 years) only
1/2 of your base salary.

You're talking about Operation Chrome Dome and I went on several of those flights. 24 hours over the north pole isn't a great deal of fun. There isn't hardly any heat or insulation in a B52.

Even over the equator at 20,000 feet it's DAMNED COLD!!!