Old December 17th 03, 10:30 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default Selecting a new saddle

Your bum will be sore until it adapts to the new saddle, just like new shoes
are.

If the shoes fit properly in the first place - they won't cause your feet to be
sore at all.

I have never agonised over choosing a saddle. I have a Rolls San Marco,

Oh I have - having had my posterior on saddles which have caused *excruciating*
pain to my delicate nether regions...

The trick is to ride regularly so your backside
does not soften up and change saddles rarely.

The trick is to have a saddle which is comfortable to sit on and therefore
assists in making one's cycling enjoyable, as opposed to an offshoot of the
medieval torture chamber, as that way, one is more likely to want to keep at it
:-)

Both my Bianchis - with the saddles supplied on them were really, really
painful to sit on. As soon as I switched the saddles to Terry's Liberators
(TiLite on Gino and RaceLite on Luigi) the difference was incredible. I cannot
stress how much difference the change of saddle made to me. Put it this way -
when I got Gino - after cycling ten miles on it when it had the original saddle
on it - I literally could hardly walk for a couple of hours afterwards. With
the change of saddle to Terry's Liberators, it is so comfortable I don't even
notice them there, so to speak.

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune