Old January 14th 09, 02:27 AM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Sharky

Default How come bicycle clothing looks so silly?

Brian Huntley wrote:

On Jan 13, 5:34*pm, !Jones' Sock Puppet wrote:

I recall when a decent bicycle cost a day's wages

Really? When was that? I remember paying $40 for a 3-speed in 1970.
Wages were not very close to $5/hour where I lived then. Teachers made
about $18k/year, for example.

In that case teachers would have been able to buy more than two bikes
a day. Most teachers only work about 200 days a year, the rest is just
weekends and long holidays.