Old October 21st 18, 05:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Theodore Heise[_2_]

Default those darned NYC cyclists again

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 09:25:15 -0700 (PDT),
Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, October 19, 2018 at 1:24:32 PM UTC+1, news18 wrote:
On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 17:00:53 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

https://nypost.com/2018/10/18/man-sa...ks-swiped-95k-

watch-off-his-wrist/

Funny story if it's someone else's watch.

A) A fool and their "money" is soon parted.

I've never bought a watch that isn't now worth more than I paid
for it.

I had an old Illinois pocket watch that came to me from my father.
It had come to himn from his father, and to him from *his* father.
So it started with my great grandfather some 100 years ago.

Although I didn't pay anything for it, I probably spent several
hundreds of dollars over the years getting it (and keeping it)
running. I haven't checked in detail, but my sense is it isn't
worth a whole lot (in dollars) because there were quite a few of
them made. On the other hand, it has a good deal of sentimental
value.

In any case (heh, it has two), it is now belongs to my oldest son,
and it's up to him whether or not to invest anything more in it.

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA