Old June 27th 18, 05:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Making America into Amsterdam

On 2018-06-26 08:57, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Interesting article, with data, about how much the Dutch
actually ride
their bikes.

Who wants to take longer utility rides on bicycles that
are designed not to
be worth the effort to get stolen?

Yes, that's why secure parking is necessary. It's not that
hard to do. A car parking space in a multi-level
above-ground parking garage costs $40,000-50,000.
Underground it's even more.

Look at the bike in the picture
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/53dd6676e4b0fedfbc26ea91/t/5a870bf58165f5f7f8ffc727/1518799866465/Maria+Contreras+Tebutt_web+%281%29.jpg?format=500w
in this article:
https://www.strongtowns.org/journal/2018/2/9/12-reasons-bicycling-will-continue-to-soar-in-popularity
Where did that come from. I can't find such a bike anywhere.

I bought a drop bar Motobecane Mixte for the spousal unit
and spent another $150 converting it to upright bars.

Where did that come from. I can't find such a bike anywhere.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...purple_500.jpg

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/