Old September 15th 15, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Fuel stops

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 22:48:40 +0100, Phil W Lee
wrote:

A lot of the commercially available fruit & cereal bars are pretty
much the same as flapjacks, but at many times the cost. They are
convenient though, which I suppose is what you are paying for.

If I put food into a pannier with the serious intent of eating it,
home-made is the way to go. But when it's just-in-case, I prefer
something that can go on an indefinite number of trips before it's
eaten.

On tomorrow's trip, the first stop is a grocery, the second is a
hospital with a very good cafeteria, the third stop is behind the Wong
place, then I pass Panda express on my way to the bread outlet, the
fifth stop is a grocery store next to a line of fast-food places. I'll
probably bring my bag of food bars home again.

Plus a box of fruit-and-grain bars. I just checked, and we're out.
Plenty of "protein" bars, which we both like better. Aldi's bars are
both cheaper and better than the bars in our town's other grocery
stores, and Aldi is the object of tomorrow's tour. Goodwill etc. were
thrown in for exercise.

Alas, I'll be in Sprawlmart before four in the afternoon, but it's
about three months too late to bring a bagel sandwich home for supper.

Big Apple Bakery was thriving one day and gone the next.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/