Old August 4th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

Default Lightweight ISIS cranks with some Q factor?

I am working on getting all of the parts together for my KH/Schlumpf
36er that I will be building up in about a month once my hub is
returned from Switzerland. Does anyone know if there are lightweight
ISIS cranks, similar to the no Q factor qu-ax isis cranks, that have a
little bit of Q in them? I think the amount of Q on the KH moments is
ideal for shifting and it provides a little bit of safety for not
accidentally shifting. I find the moments a little bit too heavy
though, and think that lighter cranks would be a huge improvement.

I guess I am asking two questions in this thread...

1) Are there any lightweight ISIS cranks other than qu-ax (hopefully
some with Q)?
2) Is it wise to use lightweight cranks on a geared 36? Would the
stress of a heavy 36" wheel in high gear put too much stress on light
cranks?

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in