Old January 24th 16, 03:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Postponing the Mixte

Way back when, I thought that when I got to this age, I would buy a
mixte. Turns out that mixtes went extinct before I did; the name is
still around, but more often than not it's applied to a drop-frame
bike, rather than to a bike that replaces the top tube with a pair of
mixte stays that run from the head tube to the rear drop-out.

But it also turns out that I can still ride my diamond frame. I
simply have to remember to put my leg over the top tube knee first
when mounting, and go foot first, knee last when dismounting.

And I've stopped being embarrassed about needing to grab my ankle with
my hand to help my foot clear the saddle.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/