Old July 2nd 19, 12:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
jOHN b.

Default AG: My first batch of switchel

On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 11:14:19 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 7/1/2019 1:03 AM, John B. wrote:

I remember my mother and her three sisters once trying to tell
"Mother" that she ought to get a gas stove, it must have been
thanksgiving as the whole clan was at "Grampa's" house, and I
remember my grandmother telling her daughters that "she'd been cooking
on that stove since she was married and it still worked just fine".

And I bet your mother stuck to toe clips and friction shifting too! ;-)

Goodness, you must be one of those "young fellows" that can't remember
what it was like back in the days of coaster brakes.
The second verse of the Bicycle Built for Two song was far more
accurate than the first:

Michael, Michael
Here is your answer true.
I'll not cycle