Old May 22nd 19, 11:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Craig's List

On 5/21/2019 1:29 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

The bottom line is that you take a huge hit on Craigslist, and anyone who swiftly agrees to pay full price is a scammer. The problem is compounded with big bikes. My brother has sold some high-end bikes for pretty good prices on Facebook market or whatever the Facebook product is. These were nice DH and Cross Country MTBs. He is downsizing his fleet an avoids Craigslist.

True. Perhaps the best place to sell used higher-end bicycles is through
a bicycle club's web site or newsletter. People shopping on craigslist
are willing to pay slightly above garage sale prices.

I see the same thing occasionally with used cars. The problem is that
new cars are so heavily discounted that used cars, especially recent
vintage Hondas and Toyotas are a bad deal used. It's complicated by the
fact that those people selling their ca0rs after only one or two years
are the people that most likely paid way too much for them in the first
place. It's not uncommon to see a one to two year old Camry or Accord,
Corolla or Civic, advertised for the same or higher price than the same
model costs new.