Old May 6th 09, 04:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Dien Cai Dau

Default Offering limited support for Coast to Coast on ACA maps.

"-RB" wrote in message ...
Hello to anyone who may be interested in a limited support coast to
coast bicycle ride that includes RAGBRAI. I am inviting you to join
me. I’m setting off on
a coast to coast bicycling journey this coming summer. I’m riding
with two friends from the San Francisco Bay area to Yorktown,
Virginia following Adventure Cycling Association (ACA) maps.

{Text deleted to save bandwidth}

We will dip our rear wheels in the Pacific Ocean, probably Santa Cruz
or near San Gregorio, CA. We’ll dip our front wheels in the
Atlantic.

{Text deleted to save bandwidth}

If you’d like more information please contact me at .

-RB

If it makes a difference to you, you will be dipping your front tires in the York River, not the Atlantic Ocean at Yorktown, Virginia. The York River flows into the Chesapeake Bay, which then connects to the Atlantic Ocean. If you want to actually dip in the Atlantic, you will need to travel on to Virginia Beach, Virginia -- about 30 direct miles southeast of Yorktown, but about 80 - 100 miles by bicycle (to circumvent water crossings from which bicycles and pedestrians are prohibited).