Old September 14th 05, 11:40 AM
Greg Nuspel

Default Petition to Convince Ed Dolan to Stay (or Go)

Ed is like a child. If you respond to the off topic rhetoric, he'll keep
it up, because it feeds him the attention he requires. If you only
respond when he remains on topic he'll learn to follow that behavior.
Alternatively you can take him as an egotistic troll and chose to ignore
all his posts. A simple filter will do this. I have done this since I
found he is so rarely on topic and just by his signature you can tell
his ego is too big to leave room for a brain in his head.

Greg Nuspel

The Law of conservation of energy tells us we can't get something for
nothing, but we refuse to believe it. ~Isaac Asimov from Isaac Asimov's
Book of Science and Nature Quotations, 1988.

Bruce Davis wrote:
I am proposing that we take an on-line poll of all readers of ARBR to
determine whether we, as a group, want Ed Dolan to stay or leave. In order
for this to work, we need the numerous lurkers to step forward and make your
voices heard. I suspect that there are many more lurkers to ARBR than there
are active posters. I also suspect that many lurkers, such as myself,
primarily visit ARBR to read the latest rants from Saint Edward. Even among
those of you who dislike Ed's politics or egotism, I bet you nonetheless
find him entertaining; and I suspect many of you agree that this newsgroup
would be a bore-fest without him.

So what we need every ARBR reader to do, including (especially) all of you
lurkers, is to reply to this post with just a few simple words:

Either:

"Ed Should Stay"

Or:

"Ed Should Go"

After the posts die down in a few days or weeks, I will tally all of the
hope he will heed the wishes of the majority. If, on the other hand, the
majority of ARBR readers want Ed to go, then he can do what he was planning
to do anyway, and vacate the premises.

So, after you read this, please respond with your vote. I will start the
ball rolling:

Ed Should Stay.

--Bruce Davis