Old February 12th 19, 02:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Conbtinental has come out with a GP5000S and a GP5000TL

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 7:27:02 PM UTC-5, Duane wrote:
Snipped
Need spikes on my shoes to walk up my driveway. Actually the first ones
I’ve owned.

Was sunny and cold today so the ice is still around. Tomorrow we’re
supposed to get 40cm of snow with winds gusting to 55k/h.

Good news is it was still light when I drove home today. With luck I
might be out on the road in 4-6 weeks.

--
duane

A number of years back it was really icy here and my sister who was ill at the time wanted something from the local dohnut shop. Here husband would not attempt to drive down the hill from their place to get to the shop. I took a couple of pieces of 1/4" plywood and drove a bunch of carbide screws through them. Then I attached a couple of toe-straps to each one and strapped them onto my boots and away I went. I had no problem walking even on the black ice. My BinL thought it was ingenious. The neatthing was they took up so little room that I could take them with me just about anywhere. They lasted me a number of years.

I read that some people take old tires and put carbide screws through them from the inside and then wrapp duct tape or Gorrila tape over the screw heads and use the tires as studded tires.

Cheers