Old February 13th 19, 11:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Front cracking noise

On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 1:49:50 PM UTC-8, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
Well in fact, I will not need to try with another wheel. As I was riding
home, the noise kept increasing, and at some point, my front wheel
started to slow me with a drag similar to slightly pulling on the
brakes.

That definetely comes from the front hub. When turned, the wheel slow
down to a halt in less than one second, even with the brakes wide open,
and while nothing is making any noise that would suggest a friction from
somewhere else.

I will try to service the dynamo hub, before considering buying a new
one.

Thank for all the advice!

--
Tanguy

I haven't seen a dyno-hub in forever. So perhaps the newer ones have sealed bearings and that would make it easy to repair. I'm sure that you could find the service manual on-line.