Old February 19th 18, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Ouch. This happened to me once

On 2018-02-19 13:42, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/19/2018 3:34 PM, Andy wrote:
On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 9:32:40 AM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...shing-car.html

(I was test riding a customer's race bike when Asian Kitchen
delivery turned in. They replaced his bike.)
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Again a demonstration that the car always wins.

Always?
My employee blew a red light at high speed, fixed gear, and smashed into
the side of a car with his shoulder. He & bike were fine but he was
ticketed and had to pay the car owner's body work bills.

In the 80's a guy in a Volkswagen Polo (was called Fox in the US) pulled
through a stop sign, me on the bike at full bore. Couldn't stop, dropped
myself a bit behind the handlebar in an attempt not to sail over the
roof ... BAM. My bike was pretzeled and I was bruised but no broken
bones. The guy tried to get out but the driver side door into which I
had smashed but it could no longer be opened from inside. He was elderly
and couldn't climb over the stick. So I pulled hard and then it opened
with a crunching sound.

I couldn't bring myself to make him pay for the old 2nd hand road bike.
He was over 70, had just bought this VW as the first brand-new car in
his life and now the left side was smashed in. He was close to crying.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/