Old March 14th 18, 05:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default rubber compounds

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 00:35:53 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

Why is the %RH so high in the carpentry?

You may have a heat leak somewhere in the room, which is dripping
water into the room. It might be inside the walls, where you can't
see the water. The rather low 6.0C temperature might be an indication
that the insulation is failing due to water absorption.

Also, oil heaters remove water from the air. It's common to use a
humidifier with an oil heater.
https://learn.compactappliance.com/heaters-humidifiers-during-winter/

Do the
sawdust bind the humidity or something like
that?

Yes, it does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5StVDxqODLI
Weigh identical volumes of wet and dry sawdust and compare. If
sawdust takes water out of the air, then the air humidity should
decrease, which it hasn't. Something is wrong but without additional
numbers, my best guess is water in the carpentry insulation.
(Incidentally, in the USA, we call it the "wood shop").

pressure
tempC %RH mb/hPa insulation feeling heat
studio 20.9 21 OK comfy 3 oil
carpentry 6.0 59 1003 poor sickening 1 fan
bakery 5 poor OK 1 oil
bike WS 1 none OK none

--
Jeff Liebermann