Old November 10th 03, 07:14 PM
MTBScottie

Default Steel hardtail question

Well I was in the Jamis dealership today, and he had a base full suspension
Dakar, and a Dakar Sport with Hayes mech disc brakes. When I was thinking
about ditching my current hardtail, I had gone by this shop and seen the base
model Dakar in the window, and thought of purchasing it as a complete bike and
making gradual upgrades instead of buying a frame and starting from scratch and
having an incomplete bike for an undetermined amount of time. I was impressed
with both of them. I would go for the Sport more though, because it has the
disc brakes and better (reletively speaking) fork. If I get the Sport, I may
just have him swap the fork before I take it home, because I have had so much
good luck with Marzocchi.