Old June 13th 16, 05:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_6_]

Default AG: Drying without a towel

On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 23:33:39 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 15:17:50 +0700, John B.
wrote:

Thais who still live in the small villages will take, perhaps four or
five baths a day during the hot season.

One extra-hot summer when grad students were kept in a winter-only
dorm, I took a shower every time I entered or left the building. In
the old days, dorms had shared facilities that you didn't have to
clean yourself.

Multiple daily baths have been ,disparagingly, referred to as "Thai
Air Conditioning" :-)

Facilities that one has to share with suite mates were a giant leap
backward -- Four of you sharing a single-occupancy room means a high
percentage of waiting for someone to finish a shower when you want to
use the toilet. And if your roommate is a slob, yuckers.

A suite of facilities meant to serve the whole floor meant that there
was *always* a vacant stall. When I washed my angora sweaters, I
could use half a dozen sinks. And somebody was *paid* to clean it.

Having someone else to clean up is a nice thing.
--
cheers,

John B.