Old November 8th 12, 11:05 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade

Default ANOTHER Death Threat from a Typical Mountain Biker

Stating that you will defend yourself vigorously IF ATTACKED is not a threat and is 100% legal since you have a right of self defence.
Perhaps your lack of understanding contributed to you committing battery ?

[i]
She didn't say "if attacked", LIAR. She said "if put my hands on her", so her response is disproportionate to the alleged threat, which is all based on a lie, anyway. I have never "attacked" anyone. And I didn't commit battery. The mountain biker ran into ME, so HE committed battery. DUH!

If you put your hands on her then that is battery ... which is an attack and against which she is perfectly entitled to defend herself.

Homicide is not a justified/legal response to battery. DUH! I don't know why you still keep talking, when you can't prove a single point.

Actually, it usually is ... but does depend on the circumstances. Essentially, if you institute an attack then the victim is entitled to defend themselves. If, in such defence, you end up dead then that would normally not be grounds for homicide. If you start something then you have to live (or die) by the consquences.

We can joust on the technicalities all day. However, the reality of the situation is that there is no "credible threat to your life" and therefore this is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a death threat. You're just trolling again ... grow up.

And, interestingly, I note that you don't notice the parallel with your own situation. Your response to a misdemeanour/civil matter was completely disproportionate and lead to you committing battery.