Old January 13th 05, 06:58 PM
Werehatrack

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:35:48 -0500, "psycholist"
wrote:

I was unpleasantly surprised by the saddle rail failure on the Koobi. I
contacted the company by e-mail. They told me the lifespan of the saddle
was "roughly 400 hours."

That seems *awfully* short.

Were I to use one saddle on one bike, that would
be only about 7 months of riding for me. That seems ridiculous!

I agree.

Sheldon ... Jobst ... anyone have any knowledge of saddle life expectancy
and whether or not this 400 hour thing is at all reasonable? I sure wasn't
aware of that life expectancy when I bought the thing. It's been the most
comfortable saddle I've ever owned, but dang ... I can't afford to change it
out every 400 hours (though they'll send out new saddle rails for $20)!

I'd swap back to the brand that hasn't failed in the past. Frankly,
seat rails that can fail at 400 hours are just too fragile to use for
a daily rider, in my opinion.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.