Old April 25th 18, 04:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Dry lube?

On 4/25/2018 4:54 AM, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
One other thing, I have seen suggestions of lubricating only the chain,
and not the sprockets and derailleur. However, I think the derailleur
sprockets still need some lubrication to roll with few friction, do they
not?

No. The friction between the chain's rollers and the sprocket teeth is
negligible. And if you add any lubricant to those surfaces, the
lubricant will soon be filled with abrasive grime. That will accelerate
wear and probably increase the friction.

That's my estimation, anyway.

--
- Frank Krygowski