Old March 13th 11, 09:53 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Mike Causer[_3_]

Default Even Though... (Recumbents)

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 19:34:16 +0000 (UTC)
Jeff wrote:

Even though I have built a few experimental recumbents, I stil worry about
visibility issues in traffic. Seems to me a driver just may not notice a
flag as much as a person at eye-level height. Your thuoghts? - Jeff,

You forget the WTFIT? factor. My experience is that drivers give a
lot more room to a 'bent than, say, an MTB on the same roads. A
drop-barred upright comes about half-way in-between.

So they /have/ seen the 'bent, and failed to drop it from their
attention stack they way they would bikes with which they are more
familiar.

Mike