Old February 24th 07, 12:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
olarf

Default PING Leo and Olarf

Hi Matt,

first I want to thank you for your compliments!
You are right with that vodcast thing and we are thinking about that
since a few month. To add a third, podcast compatible format is planned
and will be done as the next step when gossi has finished the new
design of UTV. He do it in his private time and for sure he is for
several reasons late but it seems that he is now really close to make
it online. Then we can start implementing something like a podcast. I
take a look at ITunes and figured out that they have no user friendly
copyright rules. Even if you buy music over ITunes you don't got the
full rights to use it like you got when you buy a CD. Also a lot of
musicians are actually start to fight against IPOD and Sony cause the
musicians got nothing from the earned money and Apple and Sony get all

But that’s independent from the generally way to use podcast
technology.
I think that in the first step we will provide RSS feed and start
offering the videos in 3 formats. If you are familiar with that
technology and have some free time, feel free to become a member of or
team and implement those vodcast stuff completely.
AT least there was a podcast when we start utv but they seemed to stop
their service!? There is also that uni vodpod but I try it sometimes
and it don’t work well and at least I think one place is enough to
collect videos
So over the next weeks, the following features should run at the utv
page:

- multi language support
- RSS feed
- third format for vodcast
- voting option

People who are interested in developing new features should contact us.
There is an existing developer Wiki to become familiar with the
upcoming technology. Thzere are so many needed / wanted features to
implement.

--
olarf

visit 'unicycle.tv' (http://www.unicycle.tv)