Old August 25th 03, 05:50 PM
Alex Rodriguez

Default Mountain BIke-build question

In article ,
says...
I built a road bike last year and I am trying to build a mountain bike
now as I have some spare wheels and parts I could use to help build
it. I am mostly going to use this as a road/dirt road bike in winter
time but will do some offroad on occassion. I am currently looking for
an inexpensive suspension fork and I have noticed that some are disc
brake only which seem to have the best price. I don't really know much
about disc brakes.
Is there a link on how they work and how to install them? Is that much
harder?

I have an avid mechanical disc and it is not difficult at all. The
instructions will depend on the brake you get, so you can see them
when you get the brake. You will also need to get a disk brake
hub, so factor that into your price calculations.

I was planning on buying a fork with cantilever brakes but haven't
found one at a lower price to purchase but I see the prices on disc
brakes are alot more too so there may be an offset.

Yup, you may find that it is cheaper to buy the more expensive fork
and save money on brakes and hubs.
Alex __O
_-\,_
(_)/ (_)