Old January 15th 09, 07:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

Default Sitting Correctly

tumbles;1170386 wrote:
I've been on my unicycle for only a few weeks and have just really
learned to ride more than a dozen yards (probably total hours, about
4-6). I'm just getting turns down and I can free mount fine, the long
distance ride is my new goal I figure it'll develop over time but I
wasn't quite sure if I was making some sort of newbie error

When I first learnt to ride, I would be exhausted and stiff for three
days afterwards (this was on a mountainbiking background previously). I
felt as exhausted riding 500m up the road as I did riding around in
circles for 378km a few years later.

Unfortunately, unicycling becomes much less of a workout once you have
a few more km's under you. You spent very little effort trying to
balance and it's actually a very low resistance machine compared to a
bike (until you start getting 36" GUni's).

--
GizmoDuck

The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
details. www.induni.adventureunicyclist.com
The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net
The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
www.sinzuni.org