Old December 17th 09, 11:16 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.rides
Edward Dolan

Default Life is like a bicycle

"LionTeaser" wrote in message
On Dec 14, 4:18 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"LionTeaser" wrote in message

[...]

Anyway, I don't even define myself as an atheist. I guess I belong
with Mark Twain in questioning things like Religion and Politics...

"The motto stated a lie. If this nation has ever trusted in God, that
time has gone by; for nearly half a century almost its entire trust
has been in the Republican party and the dollar--mainly the dollar. I
recognize that I am only making an assertion and furnishing no proof;
I am sorry, but this is a habit of mine; sorry also that I am not
alone in it; everybody seems to have this disease."
- Mark Twain in Eruption [...]

Anyone still read Mark Twain? I have always found him, along with Will
Rogers, to be the worst sort of yokel. They truly belong to another
century
and have absolutely no relevance to today. They fancied themselves wise
humorists, but basically unfunny and dumb to the core. Truth to tell, they
were both jerks!

But that quotation is right on the money. It seems written today...

We worship gold while claiming to worship god.

I am as poor as a church mouse and have been so all of my life. The only
thing I ever splurged on were recumbent bicycles.

I am content to just get by provided I do not have to work at a job. I leave
drudgery to the workers of the world of which there never seems to be a
shortage. Instead, I have spent my life listening to the music of Beethoven
and reading the works of Arnold Toynbee. I think I could have spent my life
doing far worse.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka