Old October 25th 04, 03:58 PM
neil0502

Michael Warner wrote:
On 24 Oct 2004 17:48:58 -0700, wrote:

What bike(s) would you recommend for a 500lb rider, who's about 6'2
in height?

Anything, as long as it's along the bottom of a swimming pool :-)

Just curious. I was thinking about this OP as I was pedaling along on a
night ride last night.

500 pounds is certainly a large individual. I'm giving the benefit of the
doubt that the OP was genuine and serious.

IIRC, the man in question has already snapped a couple of pairs of cranks.
How is that possible? Wouldn't LA -- or any other top TdF rider put
dramatically more force on the cranks than this gentleman likely could?

Is it safe to assume that--if this /is/ true--that we must be talking about
some really poor, totally low-end cranks?? IOW: how much force can your
average Ultegra/105/DA crankset take before it gives. I was assuming it was
about 10x anything I'd ever give.....