Old July 31st 05, 08:29 AM

DepartFictif wrote:
if you take EPO and HGH (to use your examples) durring training, and
are "clean" durring competition; ie: if/when tested you return a -ve
result.... are you cheating? What really constitutes cheating.

Well, that.

If you
take medication for a cold (the same stuff any non-athlete can get over
the counter in a pharmacy) durring competition you are "cheating"... is
this right?

No, then you're not cheating, because you know it isn't affecting
your performance. You're getting busted for not-cheating.

It's an imperfect world, with imperfect rules. We have rules against
running red lights. You can get busted for running a red light even
if you can see that no one is coming the other way, so there's no
actual danger in it. You can argue that the traffic or doping rules
are stupid or hypocritical (like having a speed limit that everyone
breaks) but we both know they're the rules.

Is there not a much bigger and more in depth issue here
than right/wrong, clean/cheat... it's a far more complicated world out
there than you realize...