Old March 25th 08, 01:06 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
(PeteCresswell)

Default schlump mountain drive

Per Somebody Before Paul - whose post never made it to my news
server:
i'm curious about getting schlumpf mountain drive to use with a
rohloff speedhud but worried about the torque issues when loaded up on
a steep incline,

Just out of curiosity, are you looking for more top end or more
bottom end? I'm running a 38-tooth chainwheel that had me spun
out at about 25 mph and can climb just about anything in low
gear. I can see wanting smaller diffs between some of the
higher gears, but can't figure out where more range comes in.
--
PeteCresswell