Old January 8th 09, 11:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wobbling bear

Default Frustrations Learning to Ride: Mental Block and *Really* Sore Knees?

mental block: I know that! cannot get rid of it after 6 years
unicycling. But I now practice rough terrain unicycling with pretty
difficult sections. So I live with it.

knee pain: different reasons possible. One I noticed is too many
"transversal" efforts to keep balance. So work on "straight" pedaling
and have someone spot and correct the alignment of legs, knee, pedals
.... try to pedal more quickly first (" ok the death dive now!") and
later slow down.

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity