Old March 10th 11, 04:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

Default What Motorist Advocacy Does For Cycling

On 3/9/2011 10:21 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Mar 9, 9:01 pm, Nate wrote:

I think that likely most often happens on narrow rural two-lanes...
reluctance to stripe for passing lanes might have something to do with
it; also laws explicitly allowing motorists to briefly straddle the
double yellow to pass a cyclist when safe to do so might go a long way.

We got that law passed in Ohio. It's legal to cross a no-passing line
when safe to do so, to pass a vehicle (which includes bicycles) going
less than half the speed limit. It formally legalizes what was
already common practice.

That rule needs to be in place in all areas with winding roads;
otherwise one gets stuck behind people taking the corners at one-quarter
the possible speed or less.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.