Old March 21st 19, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Being successful sucks

On Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 11:26:24 AM UTC, GB wrote:
On 20/03/2019 18:10, Simon Jester wrote:

I love the smell of jealousy in the evening.

There's no question it's quick, and I used to do it all the time when I
was a yoof. It's just that watching that video highlights the risks I
used to take without caring or even being aware of it.

Cyclegaz is an experienced cyclist. Most of the time he was between or to the right of the motor traffic where dooring in very unlikely.
Passing parked cars is the most likely time to get doored.

It's odd that we get more cautious as we get older, when of course we
have less to lose!

It's more a case of being increasingly aware of you own mortality. You still lose your only life no matter what age it happens.