Old January 12th 09, 08:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phil

Default Too many flats... here's one solution.

My muni has a tubeless tyre; I don't see me ever converting it back,
given the feel of the ride and the puncture resistance is much better. I
haven't converted my 29er yet but it's on the list. I use a "poor man's"
tubeless setup that only uses some sealant and a smaller diameter inner
tube cut in half as a rim strip; it involves very little outlay so would
be good if you want to give it a try without spending loads of money if
it doesn't work.

A half way house you could try would be to get a tube with a removeable
valve core and put some tubeless sealant in it; it's very good at
sealing punctures from thorns and cuts from glass so I see no reason why
it wouldn't work in a tube too.

Phil

--
phil

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."