Old February 2nd 10, 04:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,misc.consumers.frugal-living
jeff

Default I finally get it: If GW is not man-made, then God is punishingus with it

delboy wrote:
On 2 Feb, 14:02, jeff wrote:
delboy wrote:

snip

The arguments against global warming are of the same type, to cloud
and confuse, as those used against the smoking/cancer link. Or against
seat belt use (too costly), or so may others.

What we do is another matter, but the link is clear. Only those who
believe in fairy tales, like Intelligent Design or Trickle Down
Economics, disbelieve.

Jeff- Hide quoted text -

Typical arguments from those who earn a living by studying AGW/Climate
Change, or believe that it is true.

Except, I'm not. I didn't get my information out of the Telegraph or
some such either.

The climate change scientists have
been caught being selective with their data, or even making it up! Why
should we believe them?

The overall evidence is overwhelming. You are quibbling over details.
Even Dr Roy Spencer, Limbaugh's Expert, does not deny man made CO2 is
causing global warming. He only can argue the force of the effect.

Are you happy to pay much increased 'carbon taxes' to be given to
third world dictators as 'carbon offsets'? I'm not!

So much fear of what might happen, instead of what is happening.

Your side has abrogated the say in how to deal with this because they
are off in la la land living in denial of that which is only not real by
force of wishful thinking.

I'll tell you exactly what is the problem with Conservatives.

They hate government and want to break it. And when they are in power
that is what they deliver: broken government.

It's a one trick pony where *every* solution is less taxes, less
regulation and less government. To believe this, you have to deny
reality and push the blame off somewhere else.

In my country, we have seen exactly what faithfully following such
practices can lead to.

Jeff

DC.