Old August 8th 04, 04:29 PM
Luigi de Guzman

Default Just switched from MTB to Road bike

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 11:13:19 -0400, wrote:

Hi,

I have been following this group for several weeks and have learned a lot. I
have been riding a MTB for many years for exercise and just bought a Trek
1200 to spice up my riding experience. It worked.

I am 50 years old and with my new bike am interested in setting a goal. I
have decided to attempt a century ride in late October. I had been riding
30-50 miles per week on the MTB. That has increased to 75 miles per week
since acquiring the new road bike. My questions a Does anybody have any
advice on how to train for this goal? and... What is a SAG in an organized
ride?

You're probably fit enough.

SAG= an unnecessary acronym. "sag wagons" are support vehicles that
assist riders with mechanical failures and/or take them back to the
start when they have to abandon. Some say it means Support And Gear,
but I have maintained that the capitalization of "sag" is just another
instance of acronymphomania. Again, I would be interested to hear
from old-timers as to when 'sag wagons' became "SAG wagons," since old
bike books & magazines that I read (circa 1980) still use the
uncapitalized version.

-Luigi

Thanks in advance
Jay