Old August 18th 05, 09:52 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default h*lm*t standards where's the web site?

I submit that on or about 17 Aug 2005 15:11:06 -0700, the person known
to the court as "John_Kane" made a
statement s.com in
Your Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

I get the impression that a lot of helmets are nolonger certifying with
Snell as apparently the USA has made CPSC certification manditory. This
is second hand however and may not be accurate.

Most are not certified Snell any more because other, lower standards
are available. Bell in particular no longer uses Snell (hence also
Giro, part of Bell). It's not because CPSC is mandatory, since any
Snell lid also passes CPSC by default; CPSC is self-certified but
Snell is externally verified, more stringent, and traceable by
batch/lot number (i.e. more admin). It's also true that the industry
(again mainly Bell) were the main drivers behind the lower standards.

Here's the Cycle article: http://www.cyclehelmets.org/papers/c2023.pdf

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk