Old October 9th 18, 09:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default road bike questions

On 2018-10-09 12:56, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Joerg wrote:

Yes, it will increase the speed but it'll be
miniscule. By reducing the ratcheting effect
a tiny bit, not by propelling.

OK, so it doesn't! Why not?

In the end it's all the same, whether you call it zero plus some
propelling or reduced drag plus no propelling.

But don't be stressed to answer, it is time to
drink a couple of beers and ride a bike...

Thanks for your answers!

Got to work but later this week I'll point my road bike west, throw in a
high gear and 30mi or 50km later there will be this:

https://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bph...Z6ScRWhg/o.jpg

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/