Old February 15th 05, 02:10 AM
Jay Beattie

"Dave Thompson" wrote in message
Chris Hughes wrote:
Pretty much a loaded question. There are a lot of criteria

to define
what is best. I personally use a beam type. Cheap and good

enough
accuracy. Some people like the click type but they are not
necessarily more accurate and are more expensive. Then you

can go to
the ultra precision type and pay big bucks, but why? Not

much if
anything on a bike needs a high degree of accuracy. Most

spec's give
a range of torque, get in there and most any torque wrench

will be
good enough.
Chris
"Wasatch5k" wrote in message
Who makes the best Torque wrench?

Thanks,

Nate

Craftsman makes a very good beam type torque wrench that reads

high enough
for bottom brackets and crank bolts. It retails for around

$20.00. It's
calibrated in foot-pounds and Newton-meters.

Beams can get bent and beaten up, though. But with that said, I
own a couple of the Craftsman, and they work fine. If I were
doing production work, I would get a click wrench -- but with the
occaisional crank bolt or eccentric bolt (which is measured in
inch pounds), these wrenches are good enough. -- Jay Beattie.