Old April 22nd 05, 09:19 AM
Tim Hall

Default Tosser no.2

Last night I dreamt of Mandalay.

No that's not right.

Last night I was waiting to turn right out of the industrial estate
where I work. I was about to go when I saw a car approach downhill
from the left at a bit of a lick, so I waited until he'd cleared the
junction.

He indicated right to turn into the industrial estate and then wham!
hit the front of my bike. I really don't remember whether I hit the
ground or not (I was waiting at the junction, one foot on the pedal
ready to go). The biggest shock was seeing this car coming straight
at me.

I wasn't hurt at all. The bike has a warped front wheel and I think
the forks are bent. No sign of buckled paint/tubes round the head
tube.

I unholstered the F gun (1) and let the driver have a magazine. He was
very apologetic but didn't understand my joke about "I bet you didn't
see me". I think he was scared (him 5' 4 , me 6' and furious). He
said he'd pay for any damage, shpxvat right you will I told him.

A crowd gathered outside a nearby factory, either they saw it or had
been brought out by the noise. I'll go and check today.

I got a lift home with my orquer de vache where we all had a look at
the forks. A phone call to Mercian this morning suggests they are
bent but they can possibly retrack the forks. I'll post them off for
an expert opinion.

And relax.

Tim
(1) The F gun fires not bullets but goes shpx shpx shpxvgl shpx at
130dB.