Old December 7th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Buretto

Default Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Trapper;1145246 wrote:
I recently got my night riding setup and have been hitting our trails at
night. I'm using dual 7 watt LED helmet mounted flashlights that put my
friend's Nightrider Enduro HID to absolute shame. The beam throw and
brightness is somewhere in the overkill/obscene range.

As I was finishing a climb I heard a voice just ahead and around the
corner say rather incredulously "There's a truck coming up the trail!"
A moment later They come into view and realize that it's not a truck.
As I pass them by they are finally able to see past the beams and say
"HOLY CRAP!"

I love the look on the faces of people that can't believe that they
just saw a guy on a MUni riding a dirt trail in the middle of the night.

Ha ha! Awesome.

Today I was out riding some trails around here. At one point around
10am, many miles from the trailhead, a mtn biker comes around the corner
while I'm fixing some wobbly pedals and ask, "You riding that thing?"

While at that particular moment he was correct (I was sitting on a tree
stump, I just said something like, "Yup. Been out since 7," to which he
simply stated, "Nice!"

I love the "You ride that thing? " questions. No, actually I just like
to get geared up and hike through the woods with a unicycle.

Oh well. The mtn bikers are always the most enjoyable people to talk to
on the trails, as they're usually the only ones who "get it."

--
Buretto