Old August 2nd 11, 02:57 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Default I declare the area from Bal Harbour to 47th ST to be "no man's land"

On Jul 31, 1:10*pm, "T°m Sherm@n" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 7/31/2011 11:55 AM, Mr Pounder wrote:

Wacko

Nut?

"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
*wrote in message
(Posted at my local forum)

* * * * It's been an unilateral decision, I grant you, but this is
open to challenges. Anyone who can show me how to do it --outside of
the grinding, winding sidewalks-- is welcomed to do so. Yesterday,
overwhelmed by the heat on the sandy part at 87th ST, we took to the
road having the bulk of a trailer behind us. We just took the lane and
thought we would be spared their rage... No way! One guy with a
handicap service car waved us to go off the road while another roared
his convertible BMW toward my girlfriend in front pulling away at the
last second, right at Bal Harbour. Even the lady in the car screamed
at him.[...]

In most parts of the US, the use of a firearm in self-defense is legal.

Something to consider.

I'd say only a bazooka would work in those conditions where the car is
already two blocks ahead of you.